Thursday, July 21, 2011

For First Times and Last Times

We are the distance between hello's and goodbyes.
Immeasurable. Commensurate with eternity.
Do you forget how to feel when you have felt too much?
Or when it has been too long?
I have detached myself from these things, intangible but quite destructive.
More potent than waves.
There were stars in your eyes when you kissed me.
Eternities danced in your half smile, staring down at me,
Holding my hopes in your fist.
I know you don't forget, as much as you'd like to.
I smile when I think of you.
And baby for the first time we kissed to the last time it all felt beautiful.
And from the first smile til now I won't forget you.
And for every time I hurt I won't forgive you.
But for the sake of my heart I will move past you.
For first times and last times, and the fact that we have time,
just know, it was all worth it. Every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment