Friday, February 26, 2010

Honey Hand Sam

Drip drop. Honey hands. Strangling the strangelings.
Beat before they meet demands.
Glazed lies, narrowed eyes. And you are gentle.
With your hands around my neck, and promises.
Etched in the next moment of insanity but you meant every bit
Of the death you brought, so don't say sorry
Don't promise me safety in social contracts, abuse me with constructs
And then speak to me of my misdeeds
Drip drop. Sticky hands cling to me like regrets
Odorous like cigarettes
Beaten into sumbission, you promised something different
But you lied
Honey hands and gilded tonge
Sent them walking a trail that soon came to bear their blood
This is not what you said it would be
We wear their marks now
All of us and your honey hands are still there
Ever present
Squeezing
Bringing that sweet death and broken promises
We were supposed to be happy
And like some mirage you dissapear
Behind smoke and mirrors and well written fables
And discreet and slightly enticing threats
What a fool I was to believe you ever meant well

Gently strangling the hope
With honey hands and gilded tongue

1 comment: