Friday, May 21, 2010

The Time between Tears...

Even now it is easy to remember the smell of your skin

The only scent I remember clearly

Lips pressed to remember what the heart struggles to forget

The feeling

Of loving, and being loved in returned I learned peace with you

But something was missing and the time between the tears was wet

With the sound of fears as yet

Unexpressed

A smooth brown that looked like honey

You asked me not to call you that, but in my head thats what you were

I know you still think of me even now, lover, as we train our hearts

To dismiss what regret has left amiss, we fit like pieces of a disk

Snapped by the hands of jealous angels

And I let you go, just to let you know I could

But my arms outstretched remind me who was really in control

You were the one piece of my soul that I reserved

That one part that was still fresh, and I have never felt so betrayed before

So impure

Dark and tainted, stained with love and regret

I gave you more tears than I realised

And I watched the little girl in me die

I came to understand great things in the time between tears, lover,

Even now, I am learning, growing and changing

Accepting and rearranging

And this ain’t no romantic comedy

You won’t appear with a smile and some flowers

I wouldnt accept them if you did

Instead we will dance a fateful dance, take a guilty little chance with other

Unsuspecting souls until we realize the wholes of ourselves were left behind

In the time between tears and even now, lover, as I remember

There is no bitterness here

Only love, and even now I realise what has died here,

and what will be born from its ashes,

Even now…

No comments:

Post a Comment